“Goodreads – Book Recommendations and Reviews for great Books and eBooks” is developed by Goodreads. It is free to download and contains no in-app purchases. It is compatible with the iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad and requires iOS 8.0 or later.
I actually use “Goodreads” to discover new books to read and keep lists of books I have read, books I am reading, and books I want to read. You can also leave comments about the book for others to see. I have no problems with this app.
Discover and share books you love on Goodreads, the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations!
Find new and interesting books by browsing personalized recommendations based on books you’ve read and your favorite genres. See what your friends are reading, write book reviews, and keep track of what you want to read.
Use our barcode scanner the next time you are in a bookstore. Add the book in your hands to your “to-read” shelf and browse reviews before buying.
More than 35 million members have added more than 1 billion books to their shelves. No other app combines the power and depth of the Goodreads community with an enormous catalog of books and reviews.
• Get personalized recommendations and discover new books based on your tastes.
• Goodreads Choice Awards: vote for your favorite books of the year and see the winners!
• Participate in the Reading Challenge!
• Barcode scanner!
• Keep a want-to-read list.
• See book reviews and updates from your friends.
• Discover new books and explore popular book lists.
• Rate and review any book in our catalog of more than 12 million books.
• Share notes and progress updates as you read.
• Recommend books to friends.
• Join online book clubs and connect with other readers.
• View literary events near you.